5.2. Find groups¶
You see all groups that exist on Mahara and get basic information about the groups.
- Search for a certain group using a word from the title or description. You can search either all groups, groups you are a member of or groups you are not in.
- If you want to become a member of an open group, click the Join this group button and you will be a member immediately.
- If you have been invited to a group, either Accept or Decline the membership invitation.
- If you want to join a group that needs the approval of the group administrator first, click the Request to join this group button next to the group.
- You can also find out more about a group by
- clicking on the group name to see the group homepage
- clicking on the name of the group administrator to get to his profile page
- clicking on the member link to see who is already a member of this group
In addition to the filter options above, you can filter for group categories if the site administrator allowed them and had them set up.
Usually, you do not see forums, group pages and group files unless you are a member of a group. If a group is publicly available, you do see the forum discussions.