Mahara 16.04 user manual¶
This is the user manual for Mahara 16.04, which was released on 28 April 2016. When you see the “New in Mahara 16.04” icon , a feature was introduced in Mahara 16.04 or changed from Mahara 15.10.
Check out the new features.
You can reach older versions of the Mahara user manual as well as different formats via the “Links” section in the left sidebar.
The Mahara user manual is licensed under your choice of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 unported or GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
The Mahara user manual is written by Mahara community members. You can see the list of contributors to the user manual on Open Hub for contributions to the English version of the manual and images for the translations. On Launchpad you can check for all translations of the user manual and their contributors.
Table of contents
- 1. What’s new in Mahara 16.04?
- 1.1. Display internal video and audio on mobile
- 1.2. Choose tags from selector
- 1.3. Display Open Badges
- 1.4. Receive wall notifications
- 1.5. Choose the rating style as site administrator
- 1.6. Embed social media via Embedly
- 1.7. Display recent journal entries in groups and the site
- 1.8. Inspect style elements in the style guide
- 2. Introduction
- 2.1. What is Mahara?
- 2.2. The Mahara framework
- 2.3. How does Mahara fit in to the e-learning landscape?
- 2.4. What if Mahara does not support a feature I want?
- 2.5. Other things to do
- 2.6. Where can I get ideas of how to use Mahara?
- 2.7. Getting help
- 2.8. Mahara and accessibility
- 2.9. Which version of Mahara do I have?
- 3. Dashboard
- 4. Content
- 5. Portfolio
- 6. Groups
- 7. Blocks
- 8. Settings
- 9. Fulltext search
- 10. Administration
- 11. Staff access
- 12. Mahoodle
- 13. Mobile Mahara
- 14. Glossary
- 15. Tips and tricks
For documentation writers