Mahara 16.10 user manual¶
This is the user manual for Mahara 16.10, which was released on 21 October 2016.
Mahara 16.10 is not supported any more as of April 2018. Please install or upgrade to a supported version of Mahara.
When you see the “New in Mahara 16.10” icon , a feature was introduced in Mahara 16.10 or changed from Mahara 16.04.
Check out the new features.
You can reach older versions of the Mahara user manual as well as different formats via the “Links” section in the left sidebar.
The Mahara user manual is licensed under your choice of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 unported or GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
The Mahara user manual is written by Mahara community members. You can see the list of contributors to the user manual on Open Hub for contributions to the English version of the manual and images for the translations. On Launchpad you can check for all translations of the user manual and their contributors.
Table of contents
- 1. What’s new in Mahara 16.10?
- 1.1. SmartEvidence
- 1.2. Mahara Mobile
- 1.3. New media file formats
- 1.4. Hide deleted comments when not needed for context
- 1.5. Copy the “Tagged journal entries” block configuration
- 1.6. Skins are private per default
- 1.7. Don’t show watchlist and objectionable content links on your own pages
- 1.8. Mark required fields more clearly
- 1.9. Copy a group
- 1.10. Export group membership
- 1.11. Export group settings
- 1.12. Inactive users are highlighted in the administrator’s user search
- 1.13. Show institution short name
- 1.14. Clear caches
- 1.15. SimpleSAMLphp is managed dependency
- 1.16. Allow auto-creation of accounts via SAML on multi-tenanted sites
- 1.17. Removed Persona authentication
- 1.18. Changes to web services
- 2. Introduction
- 2.1. What is Mahara?
- 2.2. The Mahara framework
- 2.3. How does Mahara fit in to the e-learning landscape?
- 2.4. What if Mahara does not support a feature I want?
- 2.5. Other things to do
- 2.6. Where can I get ideas of how to use Mahara?
- 2.7. Getting help
- 2.8. Mahara and accessibility
- 2.9. Which version of Mahara do I have?
- 3. Dashboard
- 4. Content
- 5. Portfolio
- 6. Groups
- 7. Blocks
- 8. Settings
- 9. Fulltext search
- 10. Administration
- 11. Staff access
- 12. Mahoodle
- 13. Mobile Mahara
- 14. Glossary
- 15. Tips and tricks
For documentation writers