Mahara 17.04 user manual¶
This is the user manual for Mahara 17.04, which was released on 27 April 2017. When you see the “New in Mahara 17.04” icon , a feature was introduced in Mahara 17.04 or changed from Mahara 16.10.
Check out the new features.
You can reach older versions of the Mahara user manual as well as different formats via the “Links” section in the left sidebar.
The Mahara user manual is licensed under your choice of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 unported or GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
The Mahara user manual is written by Mahara community members. You can see the list of contributors to the user manual on Open Hub for contributions to the English version of the manual and images for the translations. On Launchpad you can check for all translations of the user manual and their contributors.
Table of contents
- 1. What’s new in Mahara 17.04?
- 1.1. App-style navigation
- 1.2. Combined pages and collections
- 1.3. Use LTI for single sign-on
- 1.4. Access portfolios updated by friends
- 1.5. Print a portfolio page
- 1.6. Show the size of a folder
- 1.7. Delete a page via the page itself
- 1.8. See access time restrictions in notification
- 1.9. Show only other people’s portfolios in the “Latest changes...” block
- 1.10. View the last update time of a page
- 1.11. Access your mobile device’s camera
- 1.12. Use regular formatting in résumé area
- 1.13. Add student ID field to SAML authentication
- 1.14. Add and display custom profile fields
- 1.15. Navigation changes
- 1.16. Inherit from any core theme
- 1.17. Update a language pack easily
- 2. Introduction
- 2.1. What is Mahara?
- 2.2. The Mahara framework
- 2.3. How does Mahara fit in to the e-learning landscape?
- 2.4. What if Mahara does not support a feature I want?
- 2.5. Other things to do
- 2.6. Where can I get ideas of how to use Mahara?
- 2.7. Getting help
- 2.8. Mahara and accessibility
- 2.9. Which version of Mahara do I have?
- 3. Dashboard
- 4. Content
- 5. Portfolio
- 6. Groups
- 7. Blocks
- 8. Settings
- 9. Fulltext search
- 10. Administration
- 11. Staff access
- 12. External apps via LTI
- 13. Mahoodle
- 14. Mobile Mahara
- 15. Glossary
- 16. Tips and tricks
For documentation writers