Mahara 18.04 user manual¶
This is the user manual for Mahara 18.04, which was released on 6 April 2018. When you see the “New in Mahara 18.04” icon , a feature was introduced in Mahara 18.04 or changed from Mahara 17.10.
Check out the new features.
You can reach older versions of the Mahara user manual as well as different formats via the “Links” section in the left sidebar.
The Mahara user manual is licensed under your choice of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 unported or GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
The Mahara user manual is written by Mahara community members. You can see the list of contributors to the user manual on Open Hub for contributions to the English version of the manual and images for the translations. On Launchpad you can check for all translations of the user manual and their contributors.
Table of contents
- 1. What’s new in Mahara 18.04?
- 1.1. GDPR compliance
- 1.2. Password policy
- 1.3. Copy portfolios in Leap2A formats
- 1.4. Outsource files to object storage
- 1.5. Link to an internal Mahara page
- 1.6. Link to text within text
- 1.7. Rotate images
- 1.8. Link to the user manual in the footer
- 1.9. Associate an institution with a group
- 1.10. Decide which assessment statuses to display in SmartEvidence
- 1.11. Automatic SAML metadata refresh
- 1.12. Modern date picker
- 1.13. Make certain tasks faster
- 1.14. No more Flash
- 1.15. Expiry of internal notifications
- 2. Introduction
- 2.1. What is Mahara?
- 2.2. The Mahara framework
- 2.3. How does Mahara fit in to the e-learning landscape?
- 2.4. What if Mahara does not support a feature I want?
- 2.5. Other things to do
- 2.6. Where can I get ideas of how to use Mahara?
- 2.7. Getting help
- 2.8. Mahara and accessibility
- 2.9. Which version of Mahara do I have?
- 3. Dashboard
- 4. Content
- 5. Portfolio
- 6. Groups
- 7. Blocks
- 8. Settings
- 9. Fulltext search
- 10. Administration
- 11. Staff access
- 12. External apps via LTI
- 13. Mahoodle
- 14. Mobile Mahara
- 15. Glossary
- 16. Tips and tricks
- 17. Frequently asked questions
For documentation writers