Blocks for internal and external artefacts are used to compose portfolio pages and group pages. There is a large number of blocks available in Mahara. More can be used when plugins are installed.
Content of blocks can be shown on a page immediately, or just the block’s heading can be displayed. The retractable blocks allow you to be more flexible in what you want to show immediately on a page.
If you choose not to give a block a title, you cannot retract that block as there would be no place to unretract it.
When you started editing information in a block and you navigate away from it accidentally without having saved your block, you are being asked whether you wish to stay on the page or leave the page.
This does not only apply to editing of blocks, but also pages.
- 4.3.1. Files, images and video
- 4.3.2. Journals
- 4.3.3. General
- 220.127.116.11. Annotation
- 18.104.22.168. Comments
- 22.214.171.124. Creative Commons license
- 126.96.36.199. Group info
- 188.8.131.52. Group members
- 184.108.40.206. Group portfolios
- 220.127.116.11. Inbox
- 18.104.22.168. Latest changes I can view
- 22.214.171.124. Navigation
- 126.96.36.199. Note
- 188.8.131.52. Peer assessment
- 184.108.40.206. Plans
- 220.127.116.11. Recent forum posts
- 18.104.22.168. Sign-off
- 22.214.171.124. Text
- 126.96.36.199. Watched pages
- 4.3.4. Personal info
- 4.3.5. External content
- 4.3.6. Blocks in various pages