9. Staff access¶
Institution staff members enjoy a number of additional rights to regular members, for example:
- creation of controlled groups
- viewing of the real name of users
- access to the User search page
- viewing of the access list of user’s pages
Institution staff members have an additional navigation item: Institution information.
9.1. User search¶
Institution information → User search
When you are on the User search page, you can view all members of your institution or just a select few.
- Filter the users you wish to display by their initials of the first and / or last name.
- Filter by login date: You have several options:
- Any user: Display any user who fits any other search / filter criteria.
- Users have logged in: Display any user who has logged in at least once.
- Users have never logged in: Display any user who has never logged in.
- Users have logged in since: Display any user who has logged in since a specified date and time.
- Users have not logged in since: Display any user who has not logged in since a specified date and time.
- Choose a date and time for the login filter by either typing it in or selecting it via the calendar icon .
- Search: Type the name, display name, username or email address or any partial thereof you wish to search for in the search field. If you turned on the exact search, you need to provide the correct name or email address and not a partial one.
- Click the Go button to start searching.
- Results per page: Decide how many results per page you want to view.
- View your results. The default order is alphabetical according to the first name. However, you can change the order of the results by clicking on a heading and sort that column in ascending or descending order. The profile picture and the name are linked to the profile page of the user.
- Select all or just a few users for whom you wish to view a report.
- With selected users: Click the Get reports button to
- view user reports
- download user account information for further actions
Institution staff members only see the reports area if the site administrator allowed staff members to view the access reports.
9.2. Viewing user reports¶
Institution information → User search → click on Get reports
The functionality available to staff members is similar to the one for institution and site administrators as described in the administrator section on user reports if the site administrator allowed staff members to view the access reports.
This functionality can be especially interesting to a Mahara site that is being used with young learners who may require more scaffolding and supervision of which pages they make accessible to other users or the public.
Despite the access to the reports and the CSV download file, staff members cannot manipulate user accounts or access user pages to which they have not received direct access from the user. The reports page only lists the pages, but does not give default access.
9.3. Institution statistics¶
The functionality available to staff members is similar to the one for institution administrators as described in the administrator section on institution statistics if the site administrator allowed staff members to view the statistics.