Mahara 17.10 user manual¶
This is the user manual for Mahara 17.10, which was released on 30 October 2017.
Mahara 17.10 is not supported any more as of April 2019. Please install or upgrade to a supported version of Mahara.
When you see the “New in Mahara 17.10” icon , a feature was introduced in Mahara 17.10 or changed from Mahara 17.04.
Check out the new features.
You can reach older versions of the Mahara user manual as well as different formats via the “Links” section in the left sidebar.
The Mahara user manual is licensed under your choice of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 unported or GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
The Mahara user manual is written by Mahara community members. You can see the list of contributors to the user manual on Open Hub for contributions to the English version of the manual and images for the translations. On Launchpad you can check for all translations of the user manual and their contributors.
Table of contents
- 1. What’s new in Mahara 17.10?
- 1.1. Reports
- 1.2. Elasticsearch upgrade
- 1.3. Consolidated page edit screens
- 1.4. Search notifications
- 1.5. Group pages block renamed
- 1.6. Show group members without portfolio submission
- 1.7. Display group collections on group homepage
- 1.8. Logo for small devices
- 1.9. Support for ADFS authentication
- 1.10. Set SAML as parent authentication to LTI
- 1.11. Insert base64-encoded images
- 1.12. Collapse SmartEvidence standard group
- 2. Introduction
- 2.1. What is Mahara?
- 2.2. The Mahara framework
- 2.3. How does Mahara fit in to the e-learning landscape?
- 2.4. What if Mahara does not support a feature I want?
- 2.5. Other things to do
- 2.6. Where can I get ideas of how to use Mahara?
- 2.7. Getting help
- 2.8. Mahara and accessibility
- 2.9. Which version of Mahara do I have?
- 3. Dashboard
- 4. Content
- 5. Portfolio
- 6. Groups
- 7. Blocks
- 8. Settings
- 9. Fulltext search
- 10. Administration
- 11. Staff access
- 12. External apps via LTI
- 13. Mahoodle
- 14. Mobile Mahara
- 15. Glossary
- 16. Tips and tricks
For documentation writers