- 6.1. My groups
- 6.2. Find groups
- 6.3. Set up a group
- 6.4. Inside a group
- 6.4.1. Group homepage
- 6.4.2. Members
- 6.4.3. Forums
- 220.127.116.11. Set up a new forum
- 18.104.22.168. Add a forum topic
- 22.214.171.124. Reply to a topic or subsequent post
- 126.96.36.199. Delete a post, topic or forum
- 188.8.131.52. Administrative forum bulk actions
- 184.108.40.206. Subscribe to individual forum topics
- 220.127.116.11. Subscribe to individual forum topics
- 18.104.22.168. View objectionable content on forum topics and posts
- 6.4.4. Pages
- 6.4.5. Collections
- 6.4.6. Journals
- 6.4.7. Share
- 6.4.8. Files
- 6.4.9. Report
- 6.5. My friends
- 6.6. Find friends
- 6.7. Institution membership
- 6.8. Topics
Groups can be used for collaboration among users as they offer the possibilities to:
- discuss topics in forums
- create and edit pages and collections together
- share files
- share pages
- submit pages for assessment / feedback
Groups can be created by every user, staff or administrators only. The site administrator decides that in Administration → Configure site → Group settings.
The Groups menu has a number of sub menus:
- My groups: Displays the groups that you administer or in which you are a member. You can create new groups from here if you have the appropriate rights.
- Find groups: Lists all groups in the system that you can view and allows you to join or request membership in them if groups allow that.
- My friends: Displays your friends and gives you easy access to their profile pages.
- Find friends: Search for users in Mahara that you may wish to add to your friends list.
- Shared pages: Lists the pages that you have permission to view.
- Topics: Shows the latest discussion topics in your groups.