5.10. Feedback for assessment¶
5.10.1. Submit a page or collection for assessment¶
When you are a member of a group that allows submissions, you can submit portfolio pages and collections for feedback / assessment. This allows an instructor to view the portfolio with much of the content locked into place.
You do not have to give the group permission to access your page or collection when you want to submit your page or collection for feedback or assessment. When you submit your page or collection, the group administrators and tutors are able to see them and give you feedback whereas regular group members do not have access to them.
During the feedback phase, you cannot make any changes to
- journal entries
- text boxes
- links to external content
You can still
- edit plans
- update profile information
- change résumé information
- add new journal entries to a journal
- any external content on the source site, e.g. adding comments to a YouTube video, adding audio to a SlideShare presentation etc. or deleting the media
184.108.40.206. Submit from the group homepage¶
- Go to the group homepage of the group in which you want to submit a page or collection.
- You can choose the collection from the drop-down menu under Submit a page or collection to this group.
- Alternatively, you can select a page, which is not part of a collection, from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Submit button to lock page content. On the next page you are asked whether you really want to submit your page as your content will be locked at least temporarily.
- You see all the portfolios you submitted to this group, but won’t be able to see other people’s portfolios
220.127.116.11. Submit from the page itself¶
You can also display the page or collection that you wish to submit and click the Submit button right above the comments and the select the group to which you want to submit your work.
- Go to the page / collection that you want to submit.
- Right above the Comments section, choose to which group you want to submit the page.
- Click the Submit button.
- On the next page you are asked whether you really want to submit your page as your content will be locked at least temporarily.
5.10.2. Instructor feedback¶
If you have the role of a tutor or group administrator in a group that allows submissions, you can see all submitted pages and collections with a time stamp on the group’s homepage.
- Title of the portfolio. This can be either a page or a collection.
- Owner of the portfolio. You can click the name in order to view the profile page.
- Time when the portfolio was submitted to this group.
You can now give feedback on the submitted individual pages or pages in a collection and then click on the Release page / Release collection button so that the authors can continue working on them.
Add comment: Write your comment into the editor window.
At the bottom of the editor window, you see a line that usually contains some letters (in the screenshot that is “p”). That’s just the HTML notation of the current style that you are working in.
Click the Window resizer icon to make the editor window larger.
Rating: If the site administrator turned on comment ratings, you can use the 5-star rating scale in addition to your written comments and / or an uploaded file.
Make public: Switch this to “Yes” if you want everyone, who has access to this page or artefact, to see your comment. If you do not make your comment public, only you and the page / artefact author can see it. This setting is set to “No” by default to prevent accidental publishing of assessment comments that should be kept private.
Advanced licensing: You see this option if the site administrator turned on license metadata. If you click it, you see two additional license fields, “Licensor” and “Original URL”, that you can fill in if this is not your own feedback.
At the moment, you cannot display that license information on a portfolio page, but it is stored for future use when the functionality is expanded.
Attach file: Click the Browse button to attach a feedback file from your computer. This file is placed into the Files area of the author of the page.
Click the Add attachment button to add another file.
Click the Comment button to save your feedback or click Cancel to abort your changes.
Once you have commented, the author receives a notification about it.
Click the Release page / Release collection button to unlock the portfolio for the owner to be able to make changes again.