- 6.1. My groups
- 6.2. Find groups
- 6.3. Set up a group
- 6.4. Inside a group
- 6.4.1. Group homepage
- 6.4.2. Members
- 6.4.3. Forums
- 126.96.36.199. Set up a new forum
- 188.8.131.52. Add a forum topic
- 184.108.40.206. Reply to a topic or subsequent post
- 220.127.116.11. Delete a post, topic or forum
- 18.104.22.168. Administrative forum bulk actions
- 22.214.171.124. Subscribe to individual forum topics
- 126.96.36.199. Subscribe to individual forum topics
- 188.8.131.52. View objectionable content on forum topics and posts
- 6.4.4. Pages and collections
- 6.4.5. Journals
- 6.4.6. Share
- 6.4.7. Files
- 6.4.8. Report
- 6.5. My friends
- 6.6. Find people
- 6.7. Institution membership
- 6.8. Topics
Groups can be used for collaboration among users as they offer the possibilities to:
discuss topics in forums
create and edit pages and collections together
submit pages for assessment / feedback
Groups can be created by every user, staff or administrators only. The site administrator decides that in Administration → Configure site → Group settings.
The Groups menu has a number of sub menus:
My groups: Displays the groups that you administer or in which you are a member. You can create new groups from here if you have the appropriate rights.
Find groups: Lists all groups in the system that you can view and allows you to join or request membership in them if groups allow that.
My friends: Displays your friends and gives you easy access to their profile pages.
Find people: Search for users in Mahara that you may wish to add to your friends list or whom you want to contact.
Shared pages: Lists the pages that you have permission to view.
Topics: Shows the latest discussion topics in your groups.