5.5. My friends¶
Groups → My friends
Your friends are a special group of users. You can share your portfolio pages easily with them and get in touch with them quickly by going to this page. They differ from a regular group in that they do not have discussion forums, pages or shared files. If you do wish to do that with your friends, you have to create a regular group for them.
You can request other users’ friendship in a couple of ways:
- Go to their profile page and click the Request friendship link.
- Go to the Find friends page and search for potential friends there.
- If you have a lot of friends and pending friend requests, you can filter them by showing only the category of friends (current or pending).
- You see more information about this friend:
- View the profile picture.
- Click on the name of your friend to reach his profile page.
- The pages to which you have access are listed.
- Read the introduction that this user has provided under Content → Profile → Introduction.
- Display of the institution membership of this user.
- For users whose friendship request you have not yet approved, you still see their profile picture and the reason why they want to become your friend.
- If a friend is in the pending state, approve or deny the friendship request.
- Send a message to the user if you wish to do so.
- If you no longer want to have a user on your friend list, you can remove him by clicking on the Remove from friends link.
- If you are a group administrator in a group that one of your friends belongs to, you can edit his group membership here.
When you click on the institution name that list listed for a friend, you see a list of institution staff and administrators. You can contact administrators directly from this page by clicking on the Send message link.