- 5.1. My groups
- 5.2. Find groups
- 5.3. Set up a group
- 5.4. Inside a group
- 5.4.1. Group homepage
- 5.4.2. Members
- 5.4.3. Forums
- 5.4.4. Pages
- 5.4.5. Files
- 5.5. My friends
- 5.6. Find friends
- 5.7. Institution membership
- 5.8. Shared pages
- 5.9. Topics
Groups can be used for collaboration among users as they offer the possibilities to:
- discuss topics in forums
- create and edit pages together
- share files
- share pages
- submit pages for assessment / feedback
Groups can be created by every user, staff or administrators only. The site administrator decides that in Site administration → Configure site → Group settings.
The Groups menu has a number of sub menus:
- My groups: Displays the groups that you administer or in which you are a member. You can create new groups from here if you have the appropriate rights.
- Find groups: Lists all groups in the system and allows you to join or request membership in them if groups allow that.
- My friends: Displays your friends and gives you easy access to their profile pages.
- Find friends: Search for users in Mahara that you may wish to add to your friends list.
- Shared pages: Lists the pages that were shared with you directly, with you as a friend or member of a group.
- Topics: Shows the latest discussion topics in your groups.